If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Sunday, January 8

Book to Read + Movie to Watch

Sense and Sensibility: I finished this book on Friday night, and watched the movie last night, and, as it was enjoyable, I thought I'd recommend it. However, I would not recommend either the book or the movie, but especially the book, to everyone. If you like classics, or romance, or old English writing, then you should read it the book. Otherwise, probably not. The movie, however, is slightly more interesting. I would recommend reading the book before watching the movie if you like to know what is going on and what is going to happen, but if you like suspense and sorrow, watch the movie without reading the book. The book is slightly difficult to understand at parts, owing to the aforementioned old English writing. I, personally, liked the movie better. It stars Emma Thompson as Elinor, Kate Winslet as Marianne, Hugh Grant as Edward Ferrars, and Alan Rickman (Snape in Harry Potter) as Colonel Brandon. Also, if you happen to know anything about Hugh Laurie (who I love), he has a minor role. More about him later.

2 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2006 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to add that this movie is awesome and I would highly recommend it. It had a lot of subtle hilarity in it and great acting.

     
  • At January 08, 2006 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Erika, We all love your Blog, we haven't gotten around to making one for our selves yet, but it sounds great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home