If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Friday, January 13

Hugh Laurie

Well, it's Friday. Friday the thirteenth, actually, but I am not superstitious, and that didn't seem to have any affect on my day. I do seem to have the most problems on Fridays, though. Problems as in depression about where I am in life and where I'm going. I guess it's because it's the only day of the week I'm not having to rush to get everything done for the morrow, so I actually have time to think. To be truthful, I hate thinking. On that subject, I recommend the poem 'Astonishment' by Wislawa Szymborska, which we read recently in our English class. On a lighter note, my mom and I are about to watch a Jeeves and Wooster. This is, as you can see, the promised post on Hugh Laurie. If you have ever seen the TV show House, Hugh Laurie plays Dr. House, the cynical, awful, hilarious, great title character. As Bertie Wooster, however, he is much younger, clean shaven, goofy and way, way, way more hilarious. The picture in the upper left is Laurie as Wooster, and the picture in the upper right is Laurie as House. After watching a few Jeeves and Woosters (available at your local library) I also highly recommend reading the original books by P.G. Wodehouse.

4 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2006 10:30 PM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    I still have to finish the Jeeves and Wooster book you gave me. Maybe that will be my reading material this week...

    I, too, detest thinking excessively. And it seems that I tend to do it often. I wish my brain had an 'off' button. Then when it was time to go to sleep, or just escape thoughts in general, I could simply turn my brain off and the feeling that my head is about to explode with thought would go away. Sorry, long comment...

     
  • At January 14, 2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    Worry not, long comments are wonderful. Do you have any suggestions for blogs to comment on so they will comment on mine? I have put myself on an intensive smartening regime, so I can get away from the boredom of normal classes as well as learn some things. If it works I will tell you about it so you can create one for yourself, if you'd like.

     
  • At January 15, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    Ooh, sounds exciting! And right now I could use some excitement. I'll email you some blogs to look at... But you could always just blog surf (push the 'next blog' button at the top of the page).

     
  • At January 17, 2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, here's Jacquleen,
    We thoroughly enjoy Hugh in House, but have never seen him as Wooster. We enjoy his synacism and off hand humor, and the way he always stumbles over the solutions. If only life were that easy.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home