If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Saturday, February 10

One word

I was on Lauren's blog just now, and I randomly decided to hit the next blog button, something I hadn't done in a while. After a blog about education that appeared to have been started by a college student for a class, I came across another blog, called "Who am I not to say?" The first thing that caught my eye was the quote in the about line. It said, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?… There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do…as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~M. Williamson. I like this a lot, so I just thought I'd share. The second thing I noticed was the most recent post. The author of the blog asked her readers for a random word, then spent sixty seconds writing whatever came to her mind with the word. It turned out rather well, I thought, and apparently she does it a lot, with a website called oneword.com, that wasn't working at the moment. I think I'll check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At February 13, 2007 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika,
    i like the quote too. I think I read it in a book called LET YOUR LIFE SPEAK, by ? Palmer. I also liked the black and white photo of you in Boston.
    Hope you are well!
    aunt michele

     
  • At February 27, 2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    I went to the oneword.com website and I really like the idea. It would be fun to have a blog just devoted to that. Use a word of the day and have anyone who wants to be a blog member write about it for a minute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home