If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Tuesday, January 24

"This Land is Your Land"

So I started piano lessons again today, as did my brother. He is currently practicing some new songs, including the title of this post. I have been assigned two songs entitled "Flying Leaves" and "Novelette." They are pretty difficult. I'll will let you know how it goes. I wrote a poem today, and have just decide to post it. Here goes:
Pen in hand, I make the dots. Marking on and on and on... Music pours in, Drowns the voices, Droning on and on and on... Dots won't do. The words spill out. Writing on and on and on... My words, like dots, Are different. Halting on and on and on... My dots don't work. Not soft or smooth, Flowing on and on and on... Edges rough Like character, Reflecting on and on and on... Smooth up close: It's all the same. Stretching on and on and on... Mirrors the people, Voices, faces: On and on and on and on... The difference is in the dots.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home