If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Monday, July 17

Having Fun...

Well, I promised my posting would be sporadic, not nonexistent, so, since I am slightly less busy than usual today, I will write a brief post. I have:
  • Made new friends
  • Climbed Mount Rainier
  • Fallen in love with contra dancing
  • Done a whole lot of cool math
  • Been overwhelmed
  • Not been bored
  • Gone to the top of the Space Needle
  • Ran through the streets of Tacoma
  • Not gone sea kayaking (That's why I'm here today)
  • Learned how to cube!!!!! (Well, almost)
  • Attempted to learn how to juggle
  • Given a math presentation in front of a lot of people
  • Felt stupid
  • Not been homesick
  • Wished I could stay all summer
  • Practiced for the musical Phantom of the Lecture Hall
  • Not done my journals for English
  • Eaten a lot of cafeteria food
  • Seen some scary things in the streets of Seattle
  • Learned cool words like lemma, and how to prove actually interesting things, and what combinatorics are, and that anything with the words quantum or topology are scary (at least so far), and the pigeon-hole principle, and that three classes is enough, and that there are different levels of infinity, and about ordinals and cardinals (kind of), and that there are people a whole lot more obsessed with math than I am, and that when you spin your cell phone it shakes because the center of gravity is off, that I don't have any cool math t-shirts but I want some, and how (not) to give a math talk, and many other very awesome things that I bet none of you know except maybe Daddy who probably won't read this: ) But I promised this entry would be short and I have to go do my laundry, so toodles. I hope you're having as much fun as I am, but you most likely aren't! (Ha ha ha ha ha ha...)
~Erika : )

9 Comments:

  • At July 17, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Umm Yaqub Bilal said…

    Hey there,
    Wow Im impressed sounds very interesting all thouse things! Did you really climb a mountain??? Ive always wanted to infact Kilimanjaro is on my list!

     
  • At July 18, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    You do sound like you're having fun! I wish I could say the same about my camp, but so far things have been farthest from "fun". Maybe music camp isn't supposed to be "fun", but math camp is. Well, keep having "fun"!

     
  • At July 18, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Breanna Monique said…

    I am probably not having as much fun as you but I happen to have a THINGAMABARBEQUE tomorrow!! (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) You should have gone kayaking, but then, I suppose you wouldn't have written your nice blog entry. I hope you read mine, too, but you probably didn't have time. Anyways, I'm really glad that you are having fun. I wish I had gone......

     
  • At July 20, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger The Fri said…

    Sounds pretty kewl. =) And no, I don't think I'm having more fun than you. I got my wisdom teeth removed like a week ago. lol.

     
  • At August 08, 2006 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI ERIKA!!!! It's Catherine. HURRAY FOR MATHCAMP!!!!

     
  • At August 10, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    Yay Catherine! Hurray for commenting on my blog! I need to update.

     
  • At August 10, 2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Breanna Monique said…

    I'm assuming that Catherine is a math camp buddy?

     
  • At August 10, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    An accurate assumption, yes.

     
  • At August 11, 2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Breanna Monique said…

    MmK. Cool. That's what I thought. I really wish that I had gone to MC... Oh well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home