If Everyday Were Sunday...

I would be very happy. But I would not get much sleep.

Thursday, March 16

Movie to Watch

I watched this movie last weekend with my mom but didn't get around to posting about it until now, although that delay is nothing against the quality of the movie. It was wonderful. I now know of three very good renditions of Pride and Prejudice. Besides this newest one, there is a black and white version and a six hour miniseries from BBC. I just checked out Pride and Prejudice to read for the second time, so I will let you know if the book is as good as I remember. As far as I'm concerned, it is a very good story, and this adaptation does justice very well. Pride and Prejudice stars Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen with Dame Judi Dench in a small role. It is rated PG. (And yes, I do watch movies that aren't Jane Austin. Just not very many: )

7 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2006 10:13 PM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    Hmmm, I just read all my old posts and the comments that people made, including some I hadn't seen before. There was one from Trevor that I hadn't noticed, and one from someone named Accordion to Meg, who may or may not be, but probably is, Lauren's sister. I couldn't get to her blog though. Interestingly, these two most recent posts are the only ones that don't have any comments. Toodles now, all.

     
  • At March 19, 2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    You should have it email you when a new comment is posted.

    "Meg" is my sister indeed.

    Sometimes I refrain from posting because I notice that I comment on almost all of your posts. And other times, we've already talked about whatever you just posted. But if that's okay with you, I shall return to my old habits! :)

     
  • At March 19, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Lauren Mayerle said…

    P.S. We ought to watch that movie together sometime. Then I can be in on the joy that has dominated two posts already.

     
  • At March 19, 2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    Ooh, that would be fun. We should.

     
  • At March 19, 2006 10:43 PM, Blogger The Fri said…

    Hey, I've heard people talk about Pride and Prejudice and say that either they wanted to see it or that it was a good movie. Maybe I will go to see it. Well, see ya!

    ~Sarah~

     
  • At March 23, 2006 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Erika,
    I am glad to hear your opinion of the latest Pride and Prejudice. I have been holding out on seeing it, because I read a review from the Jane Austen society that said Jane would roll over in her grave about this one. I love the BBC production and I was afraid it might ruin it to see the newest. Now I will go and rent it!
    Aunt Michele

     
  • At March 23, 2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Erika Anneliese said…

    I'm glad you hold my opinion in such esteem:-) I would definitely recommend it though. Let me know what you think!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home